What a Shame ...
Last Post 9/29/2011 11:57 PM by eamonnoc. 6 Replies.
Author Messages
declan

--
9/12/2011 11:39 AM
This morning son sailed on the 08:10 Irish Ferries ferry to Holyhead. On board he met a group of South Africans. They had come over for the Liffey Descent not knowing it had been cancelled/postponed.

What will this do for the reputation of the event !!!
eamonnoc

--
9/12/2011 12:09 PM
I coudn't agree more. To my knowledge, there has been no official anouncement of the chabge in date other than via Facebook or on Canoe.ie website. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Given that all competitors are asked for email addresses on their entry forms, surely it wasn't beyonf the realms of possibility that each entrant was sent an advisory email. Simple and everybody knows in plenty of time!!
BOB

--
9/16/2011 10:04 AM
Sorry Eamon - Are you saying you didnt recieve an email notifying you of the date change ?
Your on the list of email addresses that was emailed re the change - perhaps you can email the ICU office and they will update your email address on file (maybe the one on file has an error in it.
Over 3000 people were emailed re the date change, and by the way compliling all the emails was not easy and takes an awful lot of time.

Regards

BOB (086-8532032)
BOB

--
9/16/2011 10:04 AM
Sorry Eamon - Are you saying you didnt recieve an email notifying you of the date change ?
Your on the list of email addresses that was emailed re the change - perhaps you can email the ICU office and they will update your email address on file (maybe the one on file has an error in it.
Over 3000 people were emailed re the date change, and by the way compliling all the emails was not easy and takes an awful lot of time.

Regards

BOB (086-8532032)
BOB

--
9/16/2011 11:12 AM
Hi Declan

Its really weird - we have checked all the enteries for the 2011 Liffey and found there were no South Africans entered ???
Where these guys on the ferry planning on just arriving on the morning and entering ? Bit of a weird thing to do - travel all the way over without making any plan to enter ?
PS Anyone who contacted the office re cancelled travel plans is on a list and the committee will look to see what they can do to facilitate - but as this group of SA paddlers havent contacted the office we have no record of them ??? Do you have their contact details ? CAn you sedn them on to the office ?
One more thing - after going to the trouble of coming over wouldnt you think they would take part in the Lower Liffey or at least enquire about it ? Again as race organiser (Lower Liffey ) I wasnt approached by anyone ????
Declan

--
9/16/2011 12:26 PM
Apparently they had come over from UK to watch.
eamonnoc

--
9/29/2011 11:57 PM
Hi Bob

Bit of a mute point now, but to answer your reply, NO, I did not receive any notification email regarding the date change. I will however, double check with the ICU to make sure the email address they have on file for me is correct. It could be as simple as that. By the way, well done on the Lower Liffey. Well organized; I enjoyed the event.

Éamonn:):)

---